In 2017, Addiction Services Central Ontario (ASCO) was identified as the lead agency for the Wellness Collaborative—a partnership of six agencies providing services and support to individuals and their loved ones affected by addictions:
Wellness Collaborative Priorities
Our well-established partnership continues to deliver services that support the priorities of Ontario’s provincial opioid and addiction strategy:
- Case Management
- Peer Support
- Outreach/Street Outreach
- Rapid Access to Addictions Medicine Clinics (RAAM)
- Live-In Treatment
Together, the Wellness Collaborative provides services for:
- RAAM Clinics
- Drop-In/Drop-By Program
- Live-In Treatment Services (4 beds; 2 for youth (18-24) and 2 for adult (25+)
- Day/Evening Treatment Program
- Mobile RAAM (coming 2022!)
Wellness Collaborative Goals
- Better access to services, including addiction and mental health treatment and supports leading to better client outcomes.
- Increased understanding of resource availability for everyone, including individuals who may be from marginalized populations.
- Increased ability for people affected by addictions and mental health issues to access needed services in a timely way.
- Increased awareness of health care options, coordination and ease of navigation leading to increased access to services and a reduction in visits to hospital emergency rooms.