Skip to content

Community Withdrawal Management Services

I Need Help With Menu

Our Community Withdrawal Management Services provide support to individuals 18 years and older who want to stop their use of alcohol and/or other substances at home or in the home of a loved one.

Stopping alcohol and/or other drugs can cause mild to severe unpleasant physical and/ or emotional symptoms, known as withdrawal.

Some people may need counselling during this process, while others may need more intensive support, such as medical assistance or even hospitalization.

Our trained professionals can help create a safe withdrawal plan. 

The process involves screening, assessing, planning and monitoring withdrawal symptoms for individuals who may experience mild-moderate withdrawal symptoms when substance use is discontinued. 

Clients, who are at risk of more severe withdrawal symptoms based on physical health and substance use factors, may be referred to an alternate level of care in preparation for a safe withdrawal.

What We Offer:

  • A Harm Reduction approach that allows us to focus on minimizing the risks and harms associated with using substances
  • Assessment and referral
  • Individual counselling
  • Psycho-education to minimize the risk of withdrawal
  • Safe and collaborative withdrawal planning
  • Monitoring of withdrawal symptoms
  • Privacy and confidentiality during the withdrawal process
  • Internal or external referrals for aftercare support

Where We Help:

This program is offered at our main office in Aurora as well as through some of our satellite offices.

Interested in our Community Withdrawal Management Services?

We are here to help. Give us a call. Our intake staff will gather the necessary information, including your name, age, phone number, and details about your situation designed to help our team determine if this program is right for you and provide you with information about other programs we offer.

To access this service, please contact our:

Intake Department

905-841-7007 or 1-800-263-2288 ext. 322